Mission and Vision
In 1999 TEI embarked on an ambitious agenda to discover the state
of personal evangelism in America. We were stunned to learn that the
large majority of Christians in America today either do not share
their faith in Jesus Christ at all, or do it in a way that is
When Christians decide not to participate in sharing their faith,
they miss out on the joy and adventure of seeing God's power at work
through them, and in seeing their life and other lives
The TEI Mission
The Mission of The Evangelism Institute (TEI) is to inspire and equip believers in Jesus Christ to communicate God's truth to a changing world with gentleness and respect.
TEIís Strategic Vision
- To see the Church as the instrument of Godís plan to expand
the Kingdom and the hope that is in Jesus Christ for the world for
life now and hereafter.
- To see the Church come alive with the joy that comes from
sharing one's faith as a part of everyoneís spiritual growth and
not just for the gifted few.
- To see the Church value evangelism to a greater
- To see the Church increase personal faith sharing
(person-to-person) versus an over-reliance on corporate and
- To see the Church offer an evangelism training option for the
95% of Christians who are not currently engaged in sharing their
- To see the Church do something more in adult evangelism versus
the current declining status quo.
- To see the Church not feel afraid to communicate the Gospel
and to communicate without offending or acting like the religious
- To see the Church achieve 25%+ of its adult members active in
sharing their faith, which is typical of a flourishing
- To see the Church have a modest increase in the number of
Christians freely, confidently, and effectively sharing the power
of God at work in their lives would be revolutionary.
- To see the Church train lay-teachers who, in turn, train its